D.



I have a few favourite people in the world but they are all so precious. And as some of you know me, I am not the biggest fan of people in general due to my extremely high self-esteem. But yes, darling darling readers, there are some certain babies that I’m in love with and cherish more than life itself. So while I plead to read (and write) the printed word I’m going to reveal some secrets to you. One of the great things about writing is the ability to pour your soul out using your words. I love words and I love my friends, hence I adore the combination of these two – writing about them. 

I’ve decided to tell you about the people who touched my life in one way or another. I may write a partly fictional and/or partly true short story, or I will just put it bluntly like an essay. I am not a painter, a photographer, a musician and I cannot draw you a portrait, photograph you or sing you a lovesong. But I can write about you. I can immortalize you with my words, on my white sheet and I can love you forever. 

I’ll start with a boy I began to get to know about 4 years ago. I am past my days when I described my friends’ portraits in poems and short stories so I won’t bore you with a thorough physical description.

He’s the kind of boy you can’t help but notice. Will you like him? Probably not. Will you want to fuck him? Probably not. Why you ask? Because you’re a horrible human being and you are so deep into the ‘judge-people-by-their-appearance’ media affected society that you’d probably even ignore Johnny Depp if you saw him without the Jack Sparrow wig.

But let’s put aside for a second the fact that you’re an asshole. Firstly, I should inform you even though I am in love with all the great people in my life, I am completely and one hundred percent objective when I talk about their qualities and perfections. That’s why the same applies when I discuss their flaws and annoying habits. Because let’s face it, nobody’s perfect. Except me. Just kidding. (no, I’m not)

Like I mentioned, I think very highly of myself. That’s why people think I’m a bitch. So when I tell you that this boy is the most creative person in the whole multiverse, you gotta believe me. I’ve never met a human being so capable of laughing at the odds of life that’s fucking him up every single day. He can joke about his flaws so greatly that you’d feel uncomfortable around him only because you were thinking the same. He doesn’t take himself seriously because even motherfuckin’ Einstein didn’t take himself seriously. This boy is so hyperactive doing a million things at once that your lazy ass won’t be able to comprehend it.

He went alone to London to pursue his dream of studying and doing what he wants. Do you how rare that is? Ask your parents, your aunts and uncles or grandparents. How many of them spent their lives slaving for a job they can’t stand for enough money to get by?! Of course, everyone did at one point a shitty job just for the cash. But who had the courage to say ‘you know what, fuck it! I’m gonna be doing what I love for the rest of my life.’. Yeaah.. sounds like fiction, right? So fuck you if you think it’s easy doing what you want. It’s scary, it’s unstable and if you didn’t have the guts to do it, don’t you dare judging a person who did.

And being in London isn’t just seeing Big Ben and taking crappy Instagram photos in front of the Buckingham Palace waiting for the Queen to invite you to one of her tea parties. London isn’t just a sea of warm watery beverages and cute little stores. How do I know that when I’ve never even been to England, you may ask me? I know it ‘cause I heard it. From this boy. I know it ‘cause I saw it. From his even scrawnier body, from his tired face. Because while you were sitting here reading this in front of your shiny laptop in your pretty home or dorm room, he is out there working his ass off.

I just want to take a minute or two to thank you. I want to thank all the boys in high school who made fun of him and picked on him. I want to thank all the people who were riding the bus with him and also called him names. I want to express my profound and utter applause for everyone out there (btw one of them is also a dear friend of mine which kills me) who took every possible chance to oppress him and kill him mentally. You’ve all been wonderful. Right now I am wasting my words to thank you because without you, boys like him wouldn’t become so great one day.

I am angry and I am frustrated. Why? Because he’s got bigger balls than all of you put together. Because right now he is earning money BY HIMSELF and paying his rent and bills in the fucking England, buying food and shit. HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY THAT FOR THEMSELVES?! Oh, I bet you’re gonna have a sweet sweet life with daddy waiting on the other end with a full-time well-paid job in his company. I bet BMW is designing their newest model just for you. But you know what? You’ll never have the guts. Not in this life.


 

"They’ll never understand us. They’ll never know us. They’ll never be like us. And that’s the best part.”




Unfaithfully yours, V.





2 коментара: